Re: trange problem with 6310I and bluetooth.

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: trange problem with 6310I and bluetooth.
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:08:29 +0100

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 12:48, Toby Fisher wrote:

> I'm trying to use a ub bluetooth device to communicate with my 6310I for
> sending sms messages etc.  I've managed to pair the devices without a
> problem, I used sdptool to figure out which rfcomm channel I needed, I
> assume it's the one for COM 1 on the phone, and all seemed well.  However,
> once I've made 1, sometimes 2, connections to the phone, I can get no
> further response from it,gnokii complains that the resource is temporarily
> unavailable.  I can use hcitool to scan for the phone, but i can no longer
> l2ping it, or anything.  In addition, trying to send an sms message gives
> me a command failure error, seemingly from the network as data appears to
> go out from the phone.

I'm not a gnokii or bluez guru,
but I would suspect the problem lies in the computer, not the phone.
What kernel are you running?

Do you have CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB_SCO  set
i(n .config or /proc/config.gz) ?
On my machine (a Sony C1VFK Picturebook)
I had more or less your problems when this was set.

Basically, when a call ended and the bluetooth device was disconnected
it was impossible to re-start it, even with
        service bluetooth restart
(Did you try that, or equivalent, by the way?)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366