Re: I broke my Nokia 7250i

From: Johannes Zellner
Subject: Re: I broke my Nokia 7250i
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:12:14 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:41:01PM +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:34, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > And by the way, could you please give us identity strings from
> > 7250?
>
> My 7250i is NHL-4JX running 3.22 firmware.
>
> Hope that is what you are after, if you want other details just ask.
>
> Hoping to get the phone back from reloading firmware soon. I don't
> have a spare phone so am cautious about playing with it more. I might
> play a little.

I had to send my phone two times for repair already and meanwhile I
don't feel like giving it away once more. OTOH the only alternative
seems to be booting Windows, and using Nokia's software for accessing
the phone.

Some thoughts / questions related to this topic:

1. Apparently it's an irda problem. I'd love to buy a DKU-5 cable, but
   it seems that this is not supported yet. Does anyone know, if there's
   a Linux driver for the DKU-5 cable (or if someone is writing one)?

2. Did someone send a report to Nokia about this issue?

3. Did anyone succeed in using other tools like obexftp to connect over
   irda to Nokia phones? (e.g. for sending j2me (java) apps?)

--
Johannes