gnokii 0.6.0

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.6.0
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:18:29 +0100

Hi,

Gnokii 0.6.0 is released. Bozo and I decided that is is a good idea to bump
the middle number as there was a huge amount of changes since 0.5.0 release.
There are still some bugs left that we aware of but we're moving forward. We
are also learning how to maintain the project so hopefully 0.6 time will be
even better then 0.5 and earlier.

Short summary of changes:
 - resolved many problems with phonebook handling: mainly with output and
input understood by gnokii
 - resolved problem with calendar handling
 - resolved problems with unicode sms encoding, probably just Asian languages
were touched but this
 - debug can be now turned in the configuration file (see the example gnokiirc
distributed with gnokii) unless you specify --enable-debug=no or
--disable-debug; by default (ie if the option is not present in the config
file) debug is disabled; now we won't need to ask people to recompile gnokii
with debug enabled; kudos to Bozo.

There are still problems with gnokii breaking phones. Recently Nokia 7250i was
reported to be vulnerable for gnokii irda connection. We're still
investigating the issue but we're a bit stucked. If anyone knows someone who
we'd appreciate it could help.

Download new version from:
http://www.gnokii.org/downloads/ [US]
ftp://ftp.gnokii.org/pub/gnokii/ [Poland]

happy gnokiing,
mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/