Re: gnokii on a usb-irda device?

From: Simon Huggins
Subject: Re: gnokii on a usb-irda device?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:27:42 +0000

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:29:02PM +1000, Piccoli, Lucio wrote:
> port=/dev/ircomm0
> But nothing works.

> 5) # irattach irad0 -s
> Invalid module name [irad0] !
> Usage: irattach <dev> [-d dongle] [-s] [-v] [-h]
>        <dev> is tty name, device name or module name

> Problem with step 5?

You mistyped irda0 here.

I'm not sure you need irattach though.  irdadump seems to be working.

> 16]# minicom lpic
> Device /dev/ircomm0 lock failed: No child processes.

I think you need ircomm loaded too if it doesn't load automatically when
you try to access /dev/ircomm0.

What's your connection = in your gnokiirc?  irda?

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie |  Le doute est le commencement  |  Just another fool