Re: How to write a phone number ?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: How to write a phone number ?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:24:37 +0100

On Sun, Feb 15 2004, Pawel Kot wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:
[...]
>> Why are the entry locations in gnokii and xgnokii different?  It
>> would be nice to use the same file for both programs.
>
> How are they different? I don't use xgnokii, could you show me the
> examples?

"gnokii --getphonebook SM 1 3 --raw" gives:

Mobilbox-Abfrage;3311;SM;1;0
Mobilbox-Ausland;491712523311;SM;2;0
MobilComAuskunft;11819;SM;3;0

When using xgnokii (Contacts / Read from phone / Export to file), I
get:

Mobilbox-Abfrage;3311;A;1;0;
Mobilbox-Ausland;491712523311;A;2;0;
MobilComAuskunft;11819;A;3;0;

The memory_type entries are different:

- gnokii: "SM"

- xgnokii: "A"

(The additional semicolon from xgnokii probably doesn't matter much.)

xgnokii cannot import the file generated by "gnokii ... --raw".  When
I try, I get an empty list.  I didn't try to write the xgnokii data
with "gnokii --writephonebook".

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,