gnokii 0.5.9 and Nokia 6100 info

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.5.9 and Nokia 6100 info
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:37:24 +0100

Hi,

gnokii 0.5.9 is just released. For the moment I have removed Nokia 6100
support from nk6510 driver. It is still mentioned as supported, but after
identifying the phone, gnokii refuses to do anything more. If you like living
on the edge comment out the checking from nk6510.c

If you own Nokia 6100 YOU CAN STILL USE the AT driver. It won't damage the
phone. Also only irda connection is known to break the phone. I'm afraid
that's just because Nokia 6100 works with USB cable and not with the serial
one. And USB cable will need I think a bit modifications in the gnokii code.

PLEASE DON'T USE NOKIA 6100 PHONE WITH NK6510 DRIVER (model = 6100 setting
in .gnokiirc) UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Other changes include:
 - fix --playringtone; it shouldn't loop infinitely now
 - fix large calendar reading; all entries should be taken out correctly
 - several segfaults and memleaks were fixed
 - many build system improvements were made: thanks to PLD Team, namely Jakub
Bogusz we intensively use libtool in the build process, Bozo did a lot with
Windows build
 - some other tweaks.

Take the sources from:
 - http://www.gnokii.org/downloads/
 - ftp://ftp.pl.gnokii.org/pub/gnokii/

Binary packages for Debian, Red Hat and Windows should be available tomorrow.