Re: 0.4.3 rpm

From: Olivier Kaloudoff
Subject: Re: 0.4.3 rpm
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:45:32 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, mixo wrote:

>>>Has anyone tried the rpm on redhat 7.3?
>>
>>gnokii 0.4.3 is _quite_ old, use a newer version (e.g. 0.5.6) instead
>>of it. If you want to use an rpm package, you can build it yourself
>>easily. You will find a spec file in the tarball, so rpm creation is
>>quite easy.
>>

>Unfortunately, the machine it is to be installed on does not have
>devolpment tools, so building it not an
>option. Besides that, 0.4.3 meets out current needs. And, 0.5.x series
>has more dependencies like
>bluez, which could make the installation a nightmare. Back to by
>original questions, and this time I
>will rephrase it: can I use the 0.4.3 rpm on redhat 7.3?

Hi Mixo,

        I just build bluetooth disabled 0.5.6 rpms
for you, please download them and test them. If they
don't install at first, try the --nodeps flag (that is
non destructive), and report me any success / failure.

http://kalou.net/unix/gnokii/testing/gnokii-0.5.6-1.i386.rpm
http://kalou.net/unix/gnokii/testing/gnokii-debuginfo-0.5.6-1.i386.rpm
http://kalou.net/unix/gnokii/testing/gnokii-devel-0.5.6-1.i386.rpm
http://kalou.net/unix/gnokii/testing/gnokii-xgnokii-0.5.6-1.i386.rpm

        I'm downloading RedHat 7.3 iso right now, to
setup the build environnement, and should be able to
compile some gnokii rpms for the 7.x branch by the end
of the week, disabling bluetooth support.

I'll let you know as soon as they are ready.

Kalou