Re: Nokia Message Type OR commands?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia Message Type OR commands?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:48:50 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:19:34AM -0800, NKV wrote:
>    I am using Nokia 6110. No microcontroller. 6110 is connected with
> PC-Serial Port via MBUS/FBUS cable. Also tell me that can I use
> derivatives of 6110? In otherwords, protocol of 6110 derivatives is same
> as 6110? I am asking this since I am facing problem in finding 6110 set.
> It is quited old set and therefore short from market.

[...]

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:06:57AM -0800, NKV wrote:
> > I am looking for Nokia Message Type or command codes
> > along with documentation. Specially a command via
> > which my Nokia mobile atttached to the PC can
> > automatically accept call i.e. Answers Call.

Ok. If you are writing a GPL licensed application, you can use libgnokii.
This is the easiest solution. Otherwise you have to implement the fbus
layer and the relevan part of the phone driver.

The exact messages depends on the phone type and the connection type.
Phones which supports datacalls (e.g. 6110, 5110) are providing the
"Call Information" messages (look into Docs/protocol/nk6110.txt for
details), otherwise you have to use the "Call commands" messages.
The "Call commands" messages are supported by the 6110, 5110 too,
but it isn't able to establish data calls. BTW if you want to establish
data calls these messages aren't enough, you have to implement the
whole RLP subsystem.

Bye,
Bozo