Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:49:14 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 05:43:11PM +0200, Martin Bürbaum wrote:
> I found out about the -F parameter myself while searching the manpage
> of strace in the subway  ~20minutes before i read your post today ;-)
>
> So here are the strace outputs:
>
> http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/tmp/log/strace_f_F_gnokiid.txt

Ok, this is a perfect strace output.

1336  open("/dev/ptyp0", O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK|O_NOCTTY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
or directory)
1336  write(2, "Couldn\'t open pty!\n", 19) = 19
1336  --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
1334  <... wait4 resumed> [WIFSIGNALED(s) && WTERMSIG(s) == SIGSEGV], 0, NULL)
= 1336
1334  --- SIGCHLD (Child exited) ---
1334  write(2, "wait: : No such process\n", 24) = 24

> mgnokiidev (did I use the correct parameter?) tries to access
>  /dev/ptyp0 with the open command. There isn't such a file in dev:
> ----------------------
> # ls /dev |grep pty
> ptya0
> ptya1
> ptya2
> ptya3
> ptya4
> ptya5
> ptya6
> ptya7
> ptya8
> ptya9
> ptyaa
> ptyab
> ptyac
> ptyad
> ptyae
> ptyaf
> ----------------------

Ok. It seems (from the previous letters) zaurus supports the /dev/ptmx
interface, but its traditional pty devices are quite sparse.

> I also tried to get gcc to work on my zaurus and it seem to work quite fine.
> The bigger problem is that i can't find aclocal, autoconf,automake
> and autoheader-package for the openzaurus embedded linux :?
> Is there a way to compile gnokii without them?

These tools are required only if you are compiling a cvs version. Its
purpose are to generate a configure and include/config.h.in files. BTW
you can generate it on another machine, e.g. on your desktop machine.

BTW it seems the zaurus version was cross compiled, and this is the
reason it doesn't use the unix98 ptys.

Bye,
Bozo