Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: Martin Bürbaum
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:07:51 +0200

Hi Bozo,

at first many thanks for you answer.

BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
> [...]
> Without the strace output I have only two
> ideas: is mgnokiidev located in /mnt/card/usr/sbin/

-------------------------------------
# ls -l /mnt/card/usr/sbin/
-rwxr-xr--    1 root     root        47241 Oct  9 18:07 gnokiid
-rwxr-xr--    1 root     root        16769 Oct  9 18:07 mgnokiidev
-------------------------------------

I have set the owner/group both to root for testing purpose,
and will use the gnokii group as suggested when/if it finally runs.
It wouldn't really matter since it's a mobile device which only
I have access to and the security options are mostly deactivated ;-)
This will change in the future, but for now i just hack around with
it a bit.

> and is unix domain socket compiled into the kernel?

How can i check this? I'm not very familiar with kernel stuff.
the only message about sockets i found was in dmesg/kmsg:
-------------------------------------
# dmesg|grep socket -i
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.

Maybe I did break the strace output too early, so here
another longer one:
http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/tmp/log/strace_gnokiid_stderr.txt

Thanks again for your help,
Martin
--
"Did anyone get the license number of the party that hit me?"
(Garfield on 1985.01.01)