Re: gnokii 0.5.5 new requiredments to compile?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.5.5 new requiredments to compile?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:38:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Papa San wrote:

> Seems 0.5.5 doesn't compile out of the box anymore. That was one of my
> favourite features. ;-)

I'm not sure what you mean by out-of-the-box here.

> address@hidden gnokii-0.5.5]#
> ./autogen.sh
>
> Shall I run config.status?
> (y/N)

You did some upgrade of your autotools.

> config.status: creating
> intl/Makefile
>
> config.status: executing default-1
> commands
>
> You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the
> necessary
> macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4
> from
> the directory
> `/aclocal'
>
> aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in
> library
> creating cache
> ./config.cache

Grab iconv.m4 from somewhere. Example is in the attachment. I'll add all
used *.m4 files to the tarball in the next release.

> checking for iconv...
> yes
>
> checking for iconv
> declaration...
>
>          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
> *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);

But it is detected anyway.

> checking for iconv declaration...
> (cached)
>
>          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
> *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);

Ouch, and now for the seconf time?

> checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET...
> no

This is the real problem I think.

> gcc -g -O2  -I../include -INONE  -c gsm-encoding.c -o
> gsm-encoding.o
> gsm-encoding.c: In function
> `utf8_decode':
>
> gsm-encoding.c:561: `CODESET' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> gsm-encoding.c:561: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> gsm-encoding.c:561: for each function it appears
> in.)
> gsm-encoding.c:562: warning: passing arg 2 of `iconv' from incompatible
> pointer type
> gsm-encoding.c: In function
> `utf8_encode':
>
> gsm-encoding.c:578: `CODESET' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> gsm-encoding.c:579: warning: passing arg 2 of `iconv' from incompatible
> pointer type
> gmake[1]: *** [gsm-encoding.o] Error
> 1

Check manually for iconv() and CODESET definition please. What you could
do else it make clean ; make and see if it works.

What is your OS?