Re: 6610 Follow-up... Re: gnokii --getsms doesn't work

From: Michael H. Warfield
Subject: Re: 6610 Follow-up... Re: gnokii --getsms doesn't work
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:43:40 -0400

The deeper I dig...

        :

> >     Anyone with suggestions how I might debug this further?

        Found it (at least one it).

        :

> Received message type 14
> Message: 5 SMS Folders received:
> Folder(2) name: Inbox
> Folder(99) name: ????
> Folder(0) name:
> Folder(0) name:
> Folder(84) name: ????????Archive
> Getting SMS Folder (2) status (2)...

>       That don't look good...  ???

        Looks like the 6510 has the structure elements in a 40 byte size
and the 6610 has them in an 88 byte size...

        :

>       Oh oh...  Looks like a structure screw-up.  It knows it's got
> 5 SMS folders and it finds the name of the first one but doesn't find
> the rest.  Almost like the element size in the structure is wrong.

>       I'm guessing it really should have been...

> Folder(2) name: Inbox
> Folder(3) name: Sent items
> Folder(4) name: Archive
> Folder(5) name: Templates
> Folder(?) name: F1

>       (I had created and F1 using gnokii previously and could not delete it).

        I made this one change to nk6510.c and it's consistently reading
the folders properly.

Line 842 common/phones/nk6510.c

-                         i = 10 + (j * 40);      // 6510
+//                       i = 10 + (j * 40);      // 6510
+                         i = 10 + (j * 88);      // 6610
                          data->sms_folder_list->folder_id[j] = message[i - 2];
                          dprintf("Folder(%i) name: ", message[i - 2]);
                          len = message[i - 1] << 1;

char_unicode_decode(data->sms_folder_list->folder[j].name, message + i, len);
                          dprintf("%s\n",
data->sms_folder_list->folder[j].name);

        Now I get this:

Received message type 14
Message: 5 SMS Folders received:
Folder(2) name: Inbox
Folder(3) name: Sent items
Folder(4) name: Archive
Folder(5) name: Templates
Folder(6) name: F1
Getting SMS Folder (2) status (2)...
Special case IN/OUTBOX in GetSMSFolderStatus!

        Much better.  Means there are difference between the 6610 and the
6510 that need to be recognized and I'll bet this isn't the only one.
But it's a start.  Someone will need to figure out how to code that to
switch between the two.

>       The one that succeeded had all sorts of other trash in the empty
> space following the names...  But the position of the names and the
> length of the folder name (the byte preceeding the name) and the folder
> number (the byte preceeding the length) are all there in the same spot.

>       Maybe gnokii is looking in the wrong place for the status?

>       Could be a clue...

        Hope there's not TOO many more of these (xgnokii still doesn't
seem to happy - cycling on refreshing SMS and never filling in the INBOX).

        :

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  address@hidden