Re: Wrong cable for 5110?

From: Jon Wikne
Subject: Re: Wrong cable for 5110?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:52:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Stephen Baillie <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is anyone on this list actually using a 5110?

I am. One from 1998.

V 4.00
10-03-98
NSE-1

I.e. older than yours. I have a Nokia DAU-9P cable.

In ~/.gnokiirc I have:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 5110
initlength = default
connection = serial

I did _not_ specify a baudrate. Some default seems to work.

Although I have been using a previous version until now,
I just checked that gnokii and xgnokii version 0.5.4 _do_
work with my phone.

*BUT*:
gnokiid 0.5.4 (for using the phone as a modem) _still_ does
not work. I have never gotten this to work beyond 0.3.3.
Previously, I have tried 0.4.3 and 0.5.0_pre, and at least
for one of these reported a similar error to the list.
What happens is given here:

Launching gnokiid...
GNOKIID Version 0.5.4
Calling and starting pppd...
AT
OK
ATDTmy-number
CARRIER
XID: N2 15 XID: Ver 0 IWF-MS 61 MS-IWF 61 T1 550ms N2 15 T2 0ms Connect script
failed

On 0.3.3, the "CARRIER" is instead followed by "CONNECT", and
subsequently the PPP data link starts working. (Using the same
connect script.)

I can live with gnokiid-0.3.3. But just out of curiosity,
and maybe a bit of GNU spirit: Has anybody at all got gnokiid
to work on a 5110 past 0.3.3?

Cheers,
-- Jon