gnokii 0.5.3 and gnokii 0.5.4

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.5.3 and gnokii 0.5.4
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:17:12 +0200

Hi,

There were 2 new gnokii releases over last 2 days. First I released 0.5.3
that contained all the bugfixes done since 0.5.2. These included:
 - nk3110, nk6100 nk6510 drivers updates
 - fixes to statemachine
 - fixes to concatenated messages
 - some compilation issues
 - avoiding some core dumps
 - documentation updates (we have all manpages, API changes
history)
 - some cleanups
 - stripping whitechars from numbers to be saved in the
phonebook
And some new features:
 - mingw support
 - playringtone function
 - LDIF support for the phonebook (along with base64 and utf8
support)

Next day I rebooted to Windows and realized it doesn't build with
MSVC6. Gnokii 0.5.4 makes it useble with this compiler and also
fixes 2 silly bugs (that MSVC helped me to discover :-))

See the changelog for more detailes. Get it from:
ftp://ftp.gnokii.org/pub/gnokii
and mirrors.

Short TODO:
 - support for Win32 irda/bluetooth
 - support for MacOS X irda/bluetooth
 - support for Nokia 9210

I'm leaving for the vacation to Brazil for the whole November
so I'd like to have it done before.

regards,