Re: Nokia 6600

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6600
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:46:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Antal Gábor wrote:

> The gnokii is not working on Nokia6600.
> I would like to debug it, but do not know how with gnokii.
> Can you help me?

That is correct. As we don't have any compatible phone we didn't write a
driver.

There are two solutions (the same thing for 6610): use AT driver, but
expect limited functionality.

The other possibility is to help in writing driver :-) First thing is to
see how the things works : see common/phones/*.c files. Then it is good to
see how the phone communicates with the computer -- usually we do it by
sniffing windows apps communication or we guess: eg using exising drivers
(see last entry from the gnokii FAQ: Docs/FAQ)