Re: Did anyone ever install gnokii in FreeBSD 4.2 ?

From: Panagiotis Astithas
Subject: Re: Did anyone ever install gnokii in FreeBSD 4.2 ?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:23:26 +0300

Ahmad Juniar wrote:
Did anyone ever install gnokii in FreeBSD 4.2 ?

My existing server is FreeBSD. So I must install gnokii into existing
system, But I had problem.
because it's seem freeBSD doesn't have /dev/ttyS0 .. Sx
it's just had /dev/cua0 .. cuax. (old device fielesystem for serial device
)

When i set device in gnokiirc refer to /dev/cua0 , gnokii doesn't work.
I tested use this following command :
# gnokii --monitor

as informastion
i user gnokii 0.4.3 version and it's compile from the source, and there was
no error in instalation.

does anyone could give me suggestion ?

Well, since you don't provide the actual error messages, I would only point out that the actual device name is /dev/cuaa0.

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas
Electrical & Computer Engineer, PhD