Re: Nokia 6800

From: 6800
Subject: Re: Nokia 6800
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:53:27 +1000

Hi Martin,

thanks a lot for your help, it would be pretty difficult to get it going
withou your suggestions.

> > is there any experience / information as far as Nokia 6800 with gnokii
> > over IR is concerned?
> > I tried a search of gnokii Archive - and Google - but no luck.
> > I am using Debian Woody+

> using gnokii 0.5.0-1 (Debian/unstable) works
> Driver: AT
> Connection: IrDA

Yes, most of time was spent setting IrDA . We found some important
information for our Toshiba PC at

http://gimel.esc.cam.ac.uk/james/resources/toshoboe/

> (xgnokii)
> Phonebook: retrieves phonebook, but only names and default no.'s
> SMS: Sending SMS works

Both are very useful functions.

I didn't dare to try upload of phone numbers though which is fairly important.

> (gnokii)
> most functions work, have not tested everything.

Quite a few don't. More advanced functions - eg MMS - are not even on radar.

I am very pleased with overall result anyway.

Thanks again

Petr

--
<address@hidden>