Re: make install should do ldconfig?

From: Dimitris Stasinopoulos
Subject: Re: make install should do ldconfig?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:08:52 +0300

On Monday 14 July 2003 02:06, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I installed latest gnokii from cvs with make install, but gnokii
> refused to run. ldconfig was needed. Perhaps it should be done from
> make install?
>       Pavel

Hi Pavel, on make install, the user is notified of this requirement
(running ldconfig), but it is left to the users discretion to do it.
Perhaps that is a better policy than to do it, whether the user likes it
or not.

Dimitris

--
Users eating all available bandwidth.
(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?