Re: ISP and 8110 (modem driver)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: ISP and 8110 (modem driver)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 01:51:12 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 04:33:48PM +0100, Neville Seed wrote:
> Is it possible to use gnokii to dial up my ISP using an attached 8110.
> Or better still to use gnokii as a modem driver so that I can use the
> standard PPP  and point it at the phone.

The nokia 8110 is supported by the nk3110 driver, but it hasn't support
the RLP stuff yet. Someone has to add the necessary part. I think it won't
be too hard. nk6110 driver supports it, so the other parts are ready
(e.g. modem emulation). If you want to implement it you can look into
the 0.3.5 version.

Bye,
Bozo