Re: gn_phonebook_entry: Last change timestamp?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gn_phonebook_entry: Last change timestamp?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 23:49:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Dimitris Stasinopoulos wrote:

> Hello all, I'm developing a KDE addressbook<->gnokii-compatible phone
> synchronization program, so I've stabled on this slight issue:

Could you please make it publicly available? I was planning to do such
synchronization so duplicating efforts does not make sense. In general it
is important to do is in the generic way to be able to easily add support
eg for evolution.

> I need to know when a gn_phonebook_entry was last changed. In
> include/gnokii/common.h, I can see that the gn_phonebook_entry structure
> has a member called 'date', which is of type gn_timestamp. The question
> is: Is that what I'm looking for? If not, what is it? And is there a way
> to do what I'm looking for?  Any help here would be greatly
> appreciated...

If I understand you correctly, there's no such information provided by any
phone I know.

If you want to make the synchronization you need to scan the full contacts
list. Keep in mind that it would be wise to synchronize in the direction
pc->phone only the entries with the any phone files filled in for some
phones (newer phones are capable to send emails, so you could synchronize
all data in such case).