Re: smsd as a daemon

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd as a daemon
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:03:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Justin Maynard wrote:

> How do I run smsd as a true demon so that when launched it returns control
> to the console?

Add "&" at the end of the line when running smsd.

> PS smsd bring able to call a script every time a message arrives would be
> great. (as apposed to constantly monitoring the database.)

Look into README:
THE FILE MODULE

This module doesn't need an SQL server to work. For incoming messages it
work in a way that it calls a program giving phone number, date as parameter
and the message text on stdin.

                                        jan

--
The idea of networking is probably as old as telecommunications itself.
Consider people living in the stone age, where drums may have been used to