Bug reading Address book on Sony-Ericsson T68i

From: Peter Nixon
Subject: Bug reading Address book on Sony-Ericsson T68i
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:25:58 +0300

Using xgnokii and gnokii Version 0.5.0pre7 or less I can successfully read
both the phone and the sim card address book from my T68i (Using the AT
driver), however on newer versions of gnokii/xgnokii it starts to read
happily (The status bar moves etc) until it gets to the end of the stored
numbers, then it tries to fetch blank entries and fails with the following
error messages:

xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 398 from memory
0! 11
xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 398 from memory
0! 11
xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 398 from memory
0! 11
xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 398 from memory
0! 14
xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 398 from memory
0! 14
Event 2 failed with return code 14!

The numbers at the bottom of the address book screen always say
SIM: 120/120 Phone: 510/510 although there is not 510 numbers stored on the
phone. (There is currently 397)

Note: 0.5.0pre9 does log the following error but contiunes to grab and
display the list correctly.
xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 518: Can't get memory entry number 440 from memory
0! 8

Version 0.5.0pre11 onwards just fail.

Any chance of getting this fixed for release? I am about to take a look at
the source code, but I am not sure if I have time to come up to speed on it
today.

I hope this bug report helps someone :-)

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/