Re: Trouble connecting to phone

From: Paulo Leal
Subject: Re: Trouble connecting to phone
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:56:21 +0100

> > I am finding it difficult for gnokii to talk to the phone,
> > I am using a Nokia 8310 with the data cable, to my
> > knowledge its the dau9p cable and I have tried
> > serial one (ttyS0) and two (ttyS1) and so far I haven't
> > had any luck, are there any special settings I need to
> > change to???
>
> And the error message is...?

After I removed the line "require_dcd = 1" from the conf below:

port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6510
initlengh = default
connection = dau9p
bindir = /usr/local/sbin
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
# require_dcd = 1
[connection_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[sms]
timeout = 10

I managed to get the PC talking to the phone, but when I try
sending a message, I write the message and press return then
CTRL+D and it hangs there for a while then it fails to send the
message, also the reply from the phone is very slow.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Paulo