xgnokii works, modem fails - n00B question

From: Bjoern_Michaelsen
Subject: xgnokii works, modem fails - n00B question
Date: 24 Mar 2003 02:21:00 +0100

Hi!

I'm totally struck here. xgnokii works, calendar and stuff.
But I just don't get a modem working.

I have a Nokia 7110 and gentoo 1.4rc3 with devfs.
In /dev there are various ircommXXs and ttyS1.
My partly working gnokiirc contains:
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 7110
initlength= default
connection = irda
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
require_dcd = 1

I tryied connecting with minicom and wvdial but failed; I also played with
. My last minirc.dfl:
pr port /dev/ttyS1
pu baudrate 19200
pu bits 8
pu parity N
pu stopbits 1

irdadumps indicate no activity on the port from the notebook - but did with
xgnokii (as it worked obviously). I tried to understand the docs, but I'm still
quite confused....

Gruss, Björn Michaelsen