Phones

From: Bob Shaffer ][
Subject: Phones
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:16:47 -0500

I was just wondering what phones work really well with the
gnokii software.  My Nokia 3285 doesn't seem to be
supported, and I can't find any good documentation on what
its frames need to look like or what kind of commands it
accepts or anything, and I'm probably going to get another
phone some time in the fairly near future.  I like Motorola
phones because they tend to last longer and get better
reception, but my Nokia has been a pretty good phone too so
I wouldn't be opposed to having another Nokia.  I obviously
will need to use one of the phones that Alltel is currently
using and, unfortunately, I am not really sure what all that
includes.  I will also take any advice from someone who has
managed to get Gnokii to work with the phone I have, but
I'm mostly looking for a success story.  I'd also like to
know if I can get the most current source from some CVS
repository and how I need to connect, or where I can get a
tarball of the latest source with all of the work that you
all are putting into this project.  Thanks in advance.

   - Bob Shaffer