Re: [MacOS X] gnokii 0.5.0pre11

From: Ruotger . Skupin
Subject: Re: [MacOS X] gnokii 0.5.0pre11
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:53:14 +0100

Am Montag, 10.03.03, um 00:03 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Pawel Kot:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Ruotger.Skupin wrote:

autogen runs fine now (or so it seems) but now generic.c doesn't
compile. Without --enable-debug it compiles fine

Something strange is going on there.
exactly my first thought

[...]
checking for gettimeofday... no
[...]
from 'sh autogen.sh --disable-shared --disable-nls'
checking for gettimeofday... yes

and remember the pthread problem? (also from 'sh autogen.sh --disable-shared --disable-nls'):
checking for pthread_attr_init in -lpthread... yes

gcc -ggdb3 -Wall -I../getopt  -I../../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c
-o generic.o generic.c
In file included from ../../include/gnokii-internal.h:35,
                  from generic.c:35:
../../include/compat.h:118: conflicting types for `gettimeofday'
/usr/include/sys/time.h:183: previous declaration of `gettimeofday'

Could you please remove config.cache and rerun autogen.sh?
I didn't find a file called config.cache neither in <gnokiidir>/ nor in <gnokiidir>/config

And maybe you
know in which version the problems begun?

I know that pre6 was the last working version for me, but that means gnokii was working. After that the state machine was modified and gnokii stopped working. I have no idea which was the last working --enable-debug. Maybe never...? When I started compiling gnokii I did so with Project Builder which uses a different build system. It is possible that I never tried compiling with --enable-debug before... sorry.

I will be on holiday tomorrow for two weeks. After that I could look into this issue. If you don't want to wait for the macos x port to work for releasing 0.5.0final it's ok for me. I still have this working pre6 binary which I could release as a temporary solution.

As another info: macos x uses a more or less standard gcc. afaik only the ObjectiveC compiler was modified by apple. I don't expect the compiler to be a problem.

Roddi

P.S.: Obviously I have to learn more about this autogen stuff. Anything anybody can recommend reading?

--- Ruotger 'Roddi' Skupin ---
As usual, Charlotte tended to agree with Gloria; in fact, she tended to agree with everybody about everything. She was as hospitable as the day was long, but it was important not to get caught in an elevator with her - she could agree you to death -- Jasper Fforde 'Lost In A Good Book'