SMS with Nokia Card Phone RPM-1?

From: Jörg Lippmann
Subject: SMS with Nokia Card Phone RPM-1?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:09:58 +0100

Hi!

I want to use a Nokia Card Phone RPM-1 with gnokii.
First problem: What model-string should I use in /etc/gnokiirc?

I tried AT and I get the correct identification (IMEI and phone numbers
obscured):

helium:~ # gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre7
IMEI         : 4491.......
Manufacturer : Nokia Mobile Phones
Model        : Nokia Card Phone RPM-1 GSM900/1800
Revision     : SW4.23

But SMS does not seem to work with this model-setting:

helium:~ # echo "Test" | gnokii --sendsms 01797.......
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre7
SMS Send failed (Command failed.)

Any ideas?

address@hidden
--
Bitte keine Blumen, ich habe keine Vasen.