Re: [MacOS X] current cvs doesn't compile

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [MacOS X] current cvs doesn't compile
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:39:03 +0100

>>> address@hidden 3 March 2003 15:25:25 >>>
> > The problem is we can't. make install installs these headers
> > into the system.
> Why? Only because they are included?

Because we want them make available for other projects.

> > They need to work as they are on *all*
> > systems they need to. Such definition will cause clash
> > on systems with no sys/time.h (missing declaration).
> but there is this #ifdef __MACH__ statement. __MACH__ is only defined

> on MacOS X / Darwin.

But it is also needed on Linux. Compiler does not scream
just because it has implicit include. The include needs to
be added unconditionally IMHO.

> > But
> > this is more general problem.
> sorry, I don't understand.

Okay, so from the beginning. We want to make gnokii includes
available for other applications as it seems to be the best
solution to make more useful gnokii-based applications.

To do it we need to create generic includes that should work
on all targetted platforms. The include is not a problem in fact.
The problem is that when the include is missing a timeval struct
would be undeclared.

The ideal solution would be to remove controversial structs and
types from API, as we did with bool, u8 and u16. Perhaps we
should do the same with timeval.