Re: MS VC6.0 gnokii DLL (WIN32 x86)

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: MS VC6.0 gnokii DLL (WIN32 x86)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:21:41 +0100

>>> address@hidden 12 February 2003 10:11:01 >>>
> btw, why are these functions exported by libgnokii (*) ??? purpose
> of libgnokii is providing way to access phone functions nothing
more.

This is Known Bug (tm).

> (this is probably limitation of having only one configuration script
> for programs with different needs - libgnokii, gnokii, xgnokii and
smsd
> (and virtmodem stuff))

That is exactly the reason. My plan is to hide all exported symbols
from
compat.c from libgnokii and link compat.o statically to all: libgnokii,
gnokii,
xgnokii etc. But AFAIK there's no easy way to do it. There's gcc
switch
that allows to mention all exported names in one file. But this is
ugly
and this is completly not portable.