Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:47:39 +0100

Hi Marcus!

* Marcus Godehardt writes:
>Ok i will try to work with gnokii as dll  and create a native
>Win9x/WinNT GUI.

Great! :-)

>The new GUI for GNOKII is called NOK-O-MANIA ( do u like it ? ).

I am not really amazed by the name, but on the other hand I am not
creative enough to think of a better name ;-)

>And it would be nice if anybody explains me how to send updates to
>project ( do use cvs )

I guess the best thing to do is to send the first patches to the ML. If
they look good I am sure you will soon be granted CVS write access.

>my goals
>1.) Create working gnokii DLL for Windows system
>2.) Fix Bugs i found in gnokii serial com for windows
>3.) Integrate gnokii DLL in my GUI

Sounds great :-)

>I hope u want some help from a windows programmer ( i wrote several
>device drivers for Windows and i am very familiar with Win32 COM).

I sure want it.

Would it be possible to use a toolkit that is available for both
windows and unices? There was some talk about a new GUI anyways. Thus
we wouldn't have to double the effort.

regards
Markus

PS: unclarified HTML is not exactly the most popular format for mailing
lists. Please use text only mails.