Re: Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:34:46 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:55:33PM +1100, Gareth Hall wrote:
> I get this error too, but with Redhat 6.2.
>
> I have a 3210 and a 3310.   I've made my own data cable from
> http://www.gsmhacking.com/help/cables/index.htm  using the MBUS method.
> It always connects with Logomanager, the 3310 disconnects in logomanager
> depending on function (ie. uploading image) but the 3210 is more fault
> free.   has anyone has experience with this datacable schematic?

Which version of gnokii have you tried? The stable version (0.4.3 - pre
releases working better in most of the situations) supports only the
fbus for these phones. Try the latest pre release and try to set the
connection to m2bus.

> > I get this error some times... i restart services... like services httpd
> > restart.. and it works againn...  Somone got the same problem ?
> >
> > Im using a nokia 3210 and gnokii-0.5.0pre2
> > the os is Redhat 7.3
>
> Are you sure your cable is working properly?

This question is a different story. In this case gnokii sometimes
working sometimes not. If this cable can be switched into m2bus mode
maybe he can try it (don't forget to add the connection = m2bus into
gnokiirc). The m2bus is _much_ slower but use different parts of the
cable.

Bye,
Bozo