Gnokii on Sharp Zaurus with Nokia 6150

From: Gernot Hillier
Subject: Gnokii on Sharp Zaurus with Nokia 6150
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:04:16 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to get gnokii to work on my Sharp Zaurus running OpenZaurus 3.0.
I've read README-6110 and gnokii-ir-howto, but didn't get it to work.

If I enable IRDA and IRDA-discovery on my Zaurus, a small message box pops up
telling my a "Nokie 6100" has been found, so something seems to work.

But "gnokii --monitor" always tries to connect for a long time and doesn't
produce any output.

# gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
<now wait forever :-( >

As far as I understood it I must use gnokii and not the IRDA drivers from
Linux as the Nokia 6150 doesn't support a real IRDA-protocol, right?

So I disabled IRDA in the Zaurus GUI, but the result is the same.

I tried to use

port = /dev/ircomm
or
port = /dev/ttyS0
or
port = /dev/ttyS1

in my ~/.gnokiirc but nothing helps. I also tried

connection = infrared
or
connection = irda

BTW: does this make any difference?

lsmod gives me:

Module                  Size  Used by
ircomm-tty             23664   0  (autoclean)
ircomm                 10336   0  (autoclean) [ircomm-tty]
sa1100_bi              45568   0  (unused)
sa1100_ir               7088   1  (autoclean)
irda                  103440   0  (autoclean) [ircomm-tty ircomm sa1100_ir]
sharp_mmcsd_m          27424   1
net_fd                 36032   1  [sa1100_bi]
usbdcore               20464   0  [sa1100_bi net_fd]
usbdmonitor             6128   0

I'm able to unload ircomm-tty and ircomm and sa1100_ir, but this doesn't help
either. I stopped the GUI but this doesn't help, too....

Unfortunately I've absolutely no knowledge about IRDA and Linux-IRDA and how
to do some more structured debugging.

Perhaps someone can give me some tips or tell me which settings should be
correct (port, connection, ...)...

TIA for your help!

--
Ciao,

Gernot
"Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null - und das nennen
sie ihren Standpunkt." (A. Einstein)