which phone to buy ?

From: Frank Dekervel
Subject: which phone to buy ?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:01:07 +0100

hello,

For some time, we are trying to use a nokia 7110 phone to send alert-sms
messages from our monitoring daemons.
Recently, we had some problems with the gsm (sometimes it worked flawlessy,
sometimes it refused to work for a couple of days), and since this is not
acceptable for a monitoring system, we want to buy a new phone.

I'd like to know if there are people here using gnokii for the same purpose,
and if there are phones that are known to work reliably ?

thanks,
greetings,
frank

(p.s. sorry if this was posted before, i'm new to this list, i looked in the
archives of last 2 months and i could not find anything)