Re: OpenBSd and gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: OpenBSd and gnokii
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:24:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:

> I'm having a little trouble trying to get gnokii to work on OpenBSD.  Has
> anyone had any success getting it to compile?  It simply appears to break on
> compilation.

I'll prepare the option to disable data subdir and gnokiid on compilation.
With recent changes gnokiid became very Linux-centric.

Anyway you may try to disable common/data and gnokiid targets in the
Makefiles and try again.

> Does it compile on FreeBSD (my next choice of OS)?  Failing that does anyone
> know of any software that can grab the messages from a Nokia 5130 plugged
> into an OpenBSD box?  I have a system already built for processing them, I
> just need to get them off the phone...

It used to compile and work on FreeBSD. AFAIR it didn't on OpenBSD. Some
good guy did estabilish me the accounts on OBSD and FBSD boxes some time
ago and I almost managed to have it compile there. But then I forgot how
to get there and gnokii drifted away from *BSD. :-(

BTW. Sorry if I didn't answer any emails last week. I was quite
unaccesable and read the email rather randomly.