Re: Problems with 3310

From: Ian Harris
Subject: Re: Problems with 3310
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 16:53:39 +0000

Hi there,

The output with 0.5.0pre2 is almost identical to what I get with 0.4.3...

rogallo:/home/geo/gnokii/gnokii-0.5.0pre2# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre2
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/modem
Adding key/value model/3310
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/dau9p
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/9600
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/07876000000
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Serial device: opening device /dev/modem
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Ian

ps The compilation originally fell over due to a problem with sk.po:

: --update nl.po gnokii.pot
: --update sk.po gnokii.pot
rm -f sk.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o sk.gmo sk.po
sk.po:2472: format specifications for argument 1 are not the same
sk.po:2644: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
found 2 fatal errors
make[1]: *** [sk.gmo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/geo/gnokii/gnokii-0.5.0pre2/po'
make: *** [po] Error 2

address@hidden:/$ msgfmt --version
msgfmt (GNU gettext) 0.10.40
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Ulrich Drepper.

I bodged it by copying it.po over sk.po

At 11:51 08/12/2002 +0100, you wrote:
On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Ian Harris wrote:

> I'm having some problems getting gnokii to connect to my Nokia 3310 and I
> was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions or advice.  The serial
> port on my linux box works fine with a modem, and the cable I'm using with
> the phone works OK with LogoManager under Win2000.  At least, it works in
> DAU9P(MBUS) mode, but I've not managed to get it to work in DAU9P(FBUS)
> mode, despite the cable claiming to be 'auto switching'.  Not sure if
> that's relevant.
>
> Anyway, compiled with debug, here's what I get from gnokki:  (Output is
> unchanged if I disconnect the serial lead from the computer!)
>
> rogallo:/home/geo/gnokki/gnokii-0.4.3# gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.4.3

Use gnokii 0.5.0pre2 please.