Re: Sending SMS faster

From: Kompella Purnima
Subject: Re: Sending SMS faster
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:35:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Then at what speed can we send messages using modems when using FBUS?MBUS protocols and when using AT commands?

Is there any difference in speeds while using FBUS/MBUS and AT protocols?

Thanks and regards,

PKV

 Niels Andersen <address@hidden> wrote:

On Saturday 16 November 2002 17:13, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > I am afraid that gnokii is not a tool developed for your kind of
> > application with sending thousands SMS in a short time. I believe you
> > should rather contact your operator and agree using their SMS gateway.
> In fact, a cellular phone is not a device designed for mass SMS sending.

However, it is a very cheap device, that is capable of doing it. :)

BTW I'm still puzzled by the fact that it is cheaper to use cellphones than
using a gateway (and protocol) designed for mass SMS sending, even when
"forgetting" about the startup and monthly fees.

--
Niels Andersen