Re: How to obtain call duration time?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: How to obtain call duration time?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 01:28:04 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:32:46PM +0530, Krishna Dagli wrote:
> How do I find out the duration of call on the PC? Assume a
> Cell phone is connected to a PC using Data Cable when anyone
> dials out using this phone, as soon as it gets connected to
> the other end, a program should be fired off on the PC. In
> this program I intend to monitor the duration off the call
> and perhaps display a ticker with each second.

This is not an easy question. Maybe some methods will work with your phone,
others not. You can try the followings:
* Using the call management api (see gsm-call.c). The nk6100.c driver
  supports it, maybe the nk6510 driver can be converted if the
  P6510_IncomingCommStatus function is working (Markus?)
* You can poll the display status (see gnokii --getdisplaystatus)

Bye,
Bozo