Re: sms webservice

From: Christian Rishoj
Subject: Re: sms webservice
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:37:06 +0200

> The clickatell service I described, although costing 3p a shot, is a
proper
> SMS sending service as messages are indistinguishable from a normal text
> message.

Also, I might add, ICQ provides free SMS for quite a few networks worldwide.
The sender is encoded in the "from" number, so when the recipient hits reply
it will end up in your ICQ client. Of course this is not as nice as having
your real number in the "from" field, but it's free.

By the way, I recall having tried some SMS service on the web that allowed
you to enter anything you'd like in the "from" field - even text! It was not
free though, but they did offer a free trial wih a limited number of free
messages.

Christian