Re: News Posting

From: Hu Gang
Subject: Re: News Posting
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:17:39 +0800

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:54:10 +0200
"Pawel Kot" <address@hidden> wrote:

|> Gnokii    : That is focus on the nokia phone.
|
|Not exactly true.
|
|>          * The problem that is : Still not stable. (from CVS)
|
|This is FUD.
|
|>          * The library is including all of support driver, so it is largest.
|
|You have the sources. You can easily disable unwanted phone modules by
|just editing two files. In the 0.5.x series I plan to have loadable phone
modules
|with libdl just like smsd loads db modules.
|
|> MyGnokii  : [...] It have most gnokii's good things, and cut bad things.
|
|This is FUD again.
|
|pkot
I think if  can disbale unwanted phone module by configure is good way.
The mygnokii is instead Makefile.glo.
The loadable phone module model is best.

sorry for some error said.

FUD
FUD     /fuhd/ n.     Defined by Gene Amdahl after he left IBM to found his own
company: "FUD is the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that IBM sales people instill
in the minds of potential customers who might be considering [Amdahl]
products." The idea, of course, was to persuade them to go with safe IBM gear
rather than with competitors' equipment. This implicit coercion was
traditionally accomplished by promising that Good Things would happen to people
who stuck with IBM, but Dark Shadows loomed over the future of competitors'
equipment or software. See IBM. After 1990 the term FUD was associated
increasingly frequently with Microsoft, and has become generalized to refer to
any kind of disinformation used as a competitive weapon.
--
                - Hu Gang