RE: 6150 through infrared

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: RE: 6150 through infrared
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:37:41 +0200

>>> address@hidden 30 August 2002 09:24:34 >>>
> I use /dev/ttyS0 with settings: uart 8250 port 0x3f8 irq 4, and of curse I
> do not use IrDA drivers when I try to connect with gnokii. My .gnokiirc is
> set up based on howto. There is another notebook (a Portocom) which is able
> to work with my phone, and installed and set up by me.

It was not clear that you have irda modules unloaded.

> The main question: is it possible that my _hardware_ can not usable in SIR
> mode? (basically, as I mentioned, it can send bytes over IR port (without
> IrDA modules (nsc-ircc, ircomm, ircomm-tty, etc))).

I don't think so, but this is rather linux-irda mailing list question.

> In the bios I can set FIR only. But AFAIK the nsc chip is able to work in
> SIR mode - and with minicom I can send bytes over IR using the linux serial
> driver (I think in this case I use SIR mode), but at 115200 (and higher
> speeds) some garbage appears in minicom.

I'm quite lost in what you are saying. But if it answer your question, you need
connect to the phone at 115200. It won't work otherwise. And as 6150 does not
have
the build-in modem, minicom won't work, and will show some garbage. This is the
FBUS
communication and you need a software (eg. gnokii) to understand it.