Re: connecting to isp via nokia phone to laptop

From: Roger
Subject: Re: connecting to isp via nokia phone to laptop
Date: 07 Aug 2002 14:05:54 -0400

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 04:49, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > I keep getting a "Check Operator Services" when either using wvdial or
> > pppd directly. i even tried minicom. (I believe that the command line
> > responds with a "carrier not detected" but am not sure as i forgot to
> > scratch it down in my notes.)
>
> Are you sure you have 'data calls' service active?

After about 4-5 phone calls to Cingular to activate data line services
and after they said they activated it already or i did, finally
mentioned the key words "My Wireless Window Service".

This is apperantly Cingular's nickname for it and i found out this after
giving up and calling Nokia directly.

Finally!  I've got a connection via irda & nokia 8290 and my laptop.