Re: Nokia 8290

From: Roger
Subject: Re: Nokia 8290
Date: 05 Aug 2002 21:31:34 -0400

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 18:35, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On 5 Aug 2002, Roger wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 15:10, Markus Plail wrote:
> >

> > > Try to add Nokia 8290 to common/devices/unixirda.c
> > ok. done & recompiled.
> >
> > changed "/etc/gnokiirc" to show "model = 6110" (specifying anything else
> > results in a fault during execution)
>
> OK. CVS updated. Please grab it and try again. Both problem should be
> fixed (long initialization and hopefully xgnokii problems).

ok. 8290 is recognized. great! using the default /etc/gnokiirc file that
it installed (i built an rpm from the spec file) and just changed the
port = /dev/ircomm0 and connectionn = irda

i also noticed that /usr/X11R6/bin/xgnokii is no longer and is actually
located in /usr/bin/xgnokii (great!)

Calendar now works (as it did not  in 0.4.2a and i didn't even try 0.4.3
yet).  I tested the calendar download and not the upload. I also see
"Groups" are now added to the "phonebook/contacts" applet. I tested the
phonebook download and not the upload yet.

xgnokii/gnokii now works much much faster. initlength is still set to:
initlength = default

The only really bad thing still is when setting the logo, gnokii still
fails with:

# gnokii --setlogo startup startup-logo.mine
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ircomm0 is stale. Overriding it..
Error setting startup logo - SIM card and PIN is required
i: 170,  1 11

> (Note that CVS is more recent then gnokii 0.4.3)
>
> pkot

k...i'm heading out to a serviced area to try to connect my laptop to
the net with the nokia 8290.

--
Roger
-----