Re: Nokia 8290

From: Roger
Subject: Re: Nokia 8290
Date: 05 Aug 2002 14:44:28 -0400

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 03:01, Pawel Kot wrote:

> What about:
> connection = irda
> model = AT
> configuration?
>
> pkot

ok. i made the adjustment within the /etc/gnokiirc file.  since i've
been successful with mygnokii2, i've posted a breif description on what
the example gnokiirc file lacked that may have made my "manual
configuration" easier.

using the model = 8210 (for my nokia 8290) responded with:

gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.2a
Couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
Telephone interface init failed! Quitting.

specifying model = 6110 responds with a hang when executing
gnokii/xgnokii.

specifying model = auto gave me something and i've added the info at the
base of this post after my sig.

mygnokii2 works without specifying a model.

--
Roger
-----

# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.2a
Telephone interface init failed! Quitting.

# xgnokii
GSM/FBUS init failed!
Device already locked.
Lock file error. Exiting
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x38a3)!

# xgnokii
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ircomm0 is stale. Overriding it..
GSM/FBUS init failed!
Device already locked.
Lock file error. Exiting
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x38af)!