Re: bugs in xgnokii 4.2a

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: bugs in xgnokii 4.2a
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:16:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Boldizsar Nagy wrote:

> I wrote a letter 2 or 3 weeks ago about these bugs, but in the newest
> version 4.2a they are still there.

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately we don't have enough active developer
resources to fix all bugs. The main forces work on the libgnokii and the
drivers at the moment. xgnokii is fixed and updated only by Markus at the
moment (thanks Markus :-)). Your reports got saved and hopefully they will
be fixed soon. I think (not sure, haven't looked into xgnokii for some
time already) that 2. is just not implemented. Does the equal
functionality work from the command line?

> Info about the phone:
> Nokia 6150
> NSM-1         SW 5.23, HW2360
> The cable is on ttyS1 an it is a dau9p.
> gnokiirc is the same at each version. I attaced it.
>
> The bugs
> 1.    xgnokii -- calendar -- add reminder
> with 4.2a
> I add a reminder with alarm on the same day I got  "Saving failed failed
> (error = 8)".
>
> with 3.5
> I add a reminder with alarm on the same day I got  "Saving failed failed
> (error = 23)".

This is just because the cleanups in the error codes. It would be smart to
change the error numbers with error descriptions. I'll try to do it this
weekend.