RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Edward Finlayson
Subject: RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:41:29 +0100

Thanks for the input Jano,

        I glad to see that someone may have a fresh perspective on my little
problem, and I welcome all
and any input to the discussion. This is beginning to get quite urgent for me,
( No-bodies problem but
my one), this is because I have used gnokii for some time now and as there has
been very little discussion
of smsd on the news group, I wrongly assumed all was well there and, that it
meerly drove the API and bridged
to MySQL. Therefore I rashly promised a client that I could bridge into his
project management intranet. :~(
Like this subject says, perhaps I am just stupid after all. Thinking of using
development software in a production
environment, but in honesty how may of us so-called IT professionals do just
that to get the job done?

        I thought that this was a dead subject as I haven't heard anything more
from Markus - too
busy perhaps. Ironically, what I want to do is pretty much exactly what smsd is
documented to
do. That is, manage sms messages in both directions from MySQL tables. I have
just three more
questions for you :-

        1) Are you the maintainer of smsd, and therefore the correct person to
be in touch with.
        2) Roughly how long will it be before smsd is fixed? ( That is, if the
question 'how long is a
                piece of string?' doesn't apply).
        3) Although I'm not a C coder, is there anyway in which a mere mortal
such as myself might help?

Thanks Again.
Fin.

P.S.
        Liam, have you sent anything to Markus yet? I have, still waiting to
see if he can help until smsd is fixed. ;-)