Re: 6210

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 6210
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 18:39:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Jonathan Roadley-Battin wrote:

> > On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Jonathan Roadley-Battin wrote:
> >
> > > at the front option screen none of the text boxes are editable???
> >
> > Please be more specific. I don't understand what you mean. Any screenshot?
>
> Sorry for not being clearer. First screen shot shows what I have. In
> the Options window, connection tab the text boxes (like Port:, Model)
> are non-editable, are they just red from the gnokiirc file and are
> there just for info, or should they be editable and change teh
> gnokiirc config file???

Don't know this. Ask Jano or Markus, but I guess it is intended behaviour,
at least for now.

> (plus typo on the Port: section /dev/ircom and not /dev/ircomm0)

Fixed in CVS. Thanks.

> > > Using Windowmaker (with gnome libs installed)
> > > Using via IrDA
> > > How can I get gnokii to work with the dlr3 cable (I can get ppp to work
> > > with it???)
> >
> > You don't need gnokii to use pppd. Just attach dlr3 cable and run
> > minicom/kermit/whatever.
> >

> Err sorry got wires crossed, I do use my dlr3 cable to connect to
> internet using pppd (directly - not via gnokii), however can that
> cable be used by gnokii to talk to the phone to do the sms, calander
> stuff or can that only be done with an mbus cable???

You can. For now you need Manfred's patch, but hopefully it will be
somehow integrated into CVS. I'm working on it.
http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/gnokii-users/2002-July/001463.html