[bug report] 6310, long phonebook number fields?

From: Len Trigg
Subject: [bug report] 6310, long phonebook number fields?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:57:38 +1200

I did a little experimenting to see what the maximum number of
characters I could store in text fields in my phone (6310). I then used the
gnokii --getphonebook option to read the phonebook entry. About half
of the text fields had an extra character appended to the end. My
hypothesis (not that I know where to look to verify this) is that
maybe the arrays that this data is being placed into isn't being
correctly initialized with NULLs?

FYI, the length of these entries appears to be about 58 characters,
which is larger than the 48 characters that appears in gsm-common.h. I
tried upping this number but that appeard to confuse things even more.

Cheers,
        Len.