Re: 3360 report

From: kevin thayer
Subject: Re: 3360 report
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

I've heard a few people say things like 'Isn't the
3360  just model xxxx with a different body', but in
my testing I found that while it had some similarities
in protocol, overall it's pretty different.

Once I finally got the model to be recognised (via an
ugly hack ;) I started trying the various command sets
on it. None of them returned the battery status and
reception of the phone, and the ones that DID
successfully connect crashed when i tried to retrieve
phonebooks. That's about as far as I got.

I have posted dumps of the above behavior to the list
in the past. I'll have to wait awhile before I do more
as using the IR connection sucks my phone's battery
dry, and I need the phone for work. :)

Perhaps now there's enough intrest in the phone for
support to take off :) I'll try and find some time to
hack away at the code, but I'm not much for
reverse-engineering, and gnokii has a programming
style  that I'm not used to, so it will be slow going
:)

-Kevin