TDMA Phones

From: Eduardo Spremolla
Subject: TDMA Phones
Date: 24 Jun 2002 13:49:44 -0300

I have been playn with gnokii CVS in the weekend with my 5120i & 5125
TDMA phones.

It seems to be a strong porblem with het in sync with the M2bus.
If I turn in the phone and ask to read all 100 phonebook places every
goes ok.
But after that I have to send the comand 4 to 5 times to get the phone
answer again. The frame asking for the phone info thas is send everi
time the bus is bring up goes out, but no answer from the phone. The
soft retrys 3 times, and the answer come at random, no clue on this.
The phones work well with the soft "logomanager"  on windoze.
what I see is that LM sends frames all the time, just to keep the bus
busy, I think.
May be a good option to habe the gnokiid handle this.
After the phone anserws, if I fire meny comands quick, all is ok.
So far for sync.
The suport for thes models , using driver 6160 is basic, just the
phonebook, so I start to experimnet with the getmemory comnnad,
modifying some bytes, and stumble with 2 usefull ( ?) frames:

0x40  {0x1f,0x01,0x04,0x84,nn,yyyy} set operator sistem id yyyy ( hi
                                        firts) for nam nn.
0x40  {0x1f,0x01,0x04,0x82,nn,ab,cd,ef,gh,ij} set own # to abcdefghij
                                        ( in bcd) for nam nn.
some other framnes set the display to "test mode", but with unknow
efects.

Working with LM allow me to set the startup logo, I will sniff on it to
see the frames used.

Here in Uruguay we have 2 cell oper, mine with TDM and bellshouth with
CDMA.

There are some plans to introduce GSM for next year, but in a few areas.