RE: SMSD Core dump

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: RE: SMSD Core dump
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:41:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Andrea Cerrito wrote:

> > > CFG_ReadFile - open /root/.gnokiirc: No such file or directory
> > > Opened configuration file /etc/gnokiirc
> > > Added new section global
> > > Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS1
> > > Adding key/value model/8110
> >
> > What's 8110 model? I haven't seen any info on such model. Any urls?
>
> http://www.nokia.com/phones/8110 (Neo - Matrix - phone ;)

I don't like Matrix ;-)

> And there are details about this phone (and the 8110i too
> http://www.nokia.com/phones/8110i/) even in misc.c.

Erm, yes. Correct. I missed it because they are misordered.

> > > Received message type 4d
> > > Mobile Phone Identification:
> > >    Model: 2501
> > >    Revision: 0501361
> >
> > I belive we should add this to models[] table.
>
> But: the model is 8110... isn't it?

That's the second column from the models[] table. According to the one we
have there should be 0423. Anyone with 8110 to confirm?

> > [...]
> > > comparing 2501 and NSE-5
> > > comparing 2501 and NSM-3
> > > Segmentation fault
> >
> > This is weird. Very weird. Could you please back trace the core
> > file with gdb and show the result?
>
> Mmmhhh...
> you are asking me a lot ;)
>
> Can the strace be useful?
> Or do you prefer I send the core to you?

You can statically link gnokii (make gnoki-debug AFAIR) and send me both
core and gnokii binary.